CRC Stainless Steel+Zincs unique formulation combines superior rust inhibiting properties of zinc with a tough but flexible enamel coating for heavy-duty protection and a hard-wearing stainless steel finish.
Pure zinc particles and stainless steel flakes are embedded in a resin system which forms a quick-drying highly-protective enamel coating on bare metal. Stainless steel rises to the surface to provide a durable stainless steel finish over a zinc rich base in the dried film.
This organo-zinc coating provides an effective barrier for protection of treated surfaces from environmental conditions like moisture, humidity, water and heat while the zinc particles due to sacrificial anodisation of zinc stop rust and rust creepage if the coating is scratched, abraded or dented.
CRC Stainless Steel+Zinc provides a gloss top-coat finish but unlike standard paint systems, resists undercutting and blistering from corrosion.
For ultimate protection, prime the metal surface with CRC Zinc It then apply CRC Stainless Steel+Zinc as a top coat.
CRC Stainless Steel+Zinc provides excellent cover and is capable to be applied as a heavy film for extra protection without forming runs, delivered from a unique aerosol system giving a smooth even coat.
Ongoing protection can be achieved through simple re-coating within 5 years, depending on conditions. Protection in extreme conditions may require re-application more frequently.
Features & Benefits
- Zinc-rich More than 50% highest purity zinc in the dried film, embedded in a protective enamel coating
- Contains Stainless Steel For durable stainless steel finish, no need for top-coating
- Protective Coating Resistant to salt corrosion, water and heat. Powerful protection in harsh conditions
- Excellent adhesive qualities Forms a tough coat for long-term protection
- Easy application High film build in one step
- Heavy-duty Resistant to salt corrosion, water and heat. Powerful protection in harsh conditions
- Heat Resistance Up to 120°C
- Long-term corrosion protection Corrosion Protection Factor 60 (up to 5 years outdoors before recoating is necessary, depending on conditions)
- Sacrificial anodisation of Zinc Stops rust and rust creepage even when scratched, abraded or dented
- Fast drying Touch dry in 20 minutes, recoat immediately, full cure in 24 hours
- Easy re-application over existing film and/or clean surfaces For ongoing protection
- Single coat No overcoating required. For additional protection, prime the metal surface with CRC Zinc It prior to applying CRC Stainless Steel+Zinc
- Ready to Use Aerosol No additional mixing or chemical additives required. Easy application. No clean up.
- Does not contain CFCs, methylene chloride
- NZFSA Approved C23
- Stainless Steel Use on welds on stainless steel, where a stainless steel finish is required, safety equipment, shipping containers, wheels, tow bar and trailers
- Architectural Can be applied on a wide variety of surfaces including metal, timber, plastics and paint to produce a stainless steel finish
- Wherever iron or steel needs protection and a stainless steel finish is required